Friday, July 31, 2009

Top Chef Masters

I love the Top Chef series (and Project Runway, of course!!!) and Bravo TV in the US is currently running a Top Chef Master session before they start with the next regular Top Chef session.

I love this series because they consistently get GREAT contestants and GREAT judges! I almost never watch the Food Network shows because their quality is so low compared to Bravo's Top Chef series. They have Tom Colicchio, Gail Simmons, Gael Greene, Anthony Bourdain and then great chefs - many which I never heard of, but now want to eat at their restaurants!!!

Each week so far, we have seen a group of 'masters' compete with some classic Top Chef competitions that really challenge them with time limits and other restrictions. They are now down to having the winner for each of those episodes compete against each other for the final prize of being the "Top Chef master." Plus, they get $100,000 for the charity of their choice. The winner for each episode gets $10,000 for their charity of choice. Gooo charities! :)

So far, my absolutely favorite chefs (based off their foods, of course) are Anita Lo and Hubert Keller. Both are SOOOOO talented and so confident and unassuming with their food. In the last episode they took on each other's signature dish and I agree that Anita's dish looked better, but I don't think Hubert did a bad job either. My surprise like (just cause I wasn't too sure about him in the first episode) is Rick Bayless. Also, he was studying anthropology until he took up cooking - how cool is that?!

If you can, check out Top Chef Masters or at least their restaurants. If you go- please let me know how you liked their food!

No comments:

Post a Comment