Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday swimming

So, between my arriving at 6:35, getting the monthly pass and waiting for a lane to open up- I only got about 25 minutes of swimming in:

200 warm-up
**** can't remember ******
6 x 50 (kick down, swim back) on :60
200 (IM down, free back)
50 eggbeater (side, side, front, back)
200 warm down

Anyways, not a lot, but at least something!  I am still sore from last week.  And I need to start with the Wii, My Fitness Training (I'll write a review later - for now... FABULOUS!).

So, the pool lanes always have 2 people in them, swimming as a split lane.  I understand why they don't do circle swimming - the group is for the most part older persons and everyone seems to be on different swim work outs.  But, today I waited about 10-15 minutes for a lane to open up!  

It reminded me of London (but opposite)- I got a monthly pass for the neighborhood gym and pool.  So, I was thinking that most people would just be working out and not swimming... I mean, I have never really heard of lots of Brits swimming before.  So, I get there and 1 - there is both and indoor pool.  Yay!  I VERY MUCH prefer outdoor pools- better ventilation and temperature control, etc.  So, I think that I may be one of the faster swimmers because I have been swimming since I was 5 and, while I hadn't swam in about 1 1/2 years, I wasn't horribly out of shape.  So, I choose a lane and get in.  So - the Brits are in VERY good shape!  My goodness - those guys totally were fast and very serious about their swimming!  They had great form and really did some good workouts, from what I could tell.  I was a bit embarrassed that I was passed up by others and very impressed that they were so good!  And, after that, I only went a few more times to the pool before stopping completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment