Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oxford visit

I won't bore you with the school pictures, but here are some others from my site visit to Oxford.  We have students in Christ Church College, Trinity and... one more that I'm blanking on!  (sorry)

Impression of Oxford - great city; very studious and there is definitely a social 'thing' going on that
 makes me prefer the anonymity of London...



Christ Church College from the Medows (left) ; Random road in Oxford (right)


Oxford market (left) Christ Church College Main Quad (right)


Christ Church Statues (left) Face in Christ Church Cathedral (right)








Alter in Chirst Church Cathedral (left) Window in Christ Church Cathedral (right)


Christ Church College Dinning Hall Oxford, Bridge of Sighs
aka. Harry Potter Dinning Hall (rip-off from Venice)
(left) (right)


Oxford buildings - by the Bodleian (left) The Camera (Library) (right)




Food from Jamie's: Polenta appetizer and a pasta and truffle dinner.  Sooooo gooooood!




Inside the initiation into "No Peel" Burnt into door outside Christ
the Bodleian (left) Church College Dinning Hall, in reference to PM Peel (right)

2 comments:

  1. You ate at Jamie's!?!! *dies of jealousy* Jamie is my foodie crush on every level. I'm so jealous!!

    Oxford is cool but Jamie's?!!! You're so lucky1!!!!!! (I am seriously squealing right now and keep showing my husband the pics begging him to take me to England. I'm that big a Jamie freak. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know! I was so excited to discover this - I didn't even know that he had a place in Oxford! And I was all excited about it, but NONE of my students knew who he was! I was so surprised because he is pretty well known in different medias, but they didn't know... Hopefully they become more aware of him while they are in the UK...

    Anyways, the food was AMAZING! My friend ordered TURBO! PENNE ARRABIATA (*I think*)and I had the TRUFFLE TAGLIATELLE which was SOOOO GOOOOOD. It was the perfect sauce and addition of truffles. I also ordered the CRISPY POLENTA CHIPS WITH ROSEMARY SALT to start. Very yummy...

    ReplyDelete