Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Great News Story- My MacBook was Shot!!

If you have not already read the stories, please take a minute to read about the American who had her MacBook shot 3 times after going through Israeli border security questioning for about 2 hours...

Border security guards kill -- literally kill -- a MacBook
I’m sorry but we blew up your laptop (welcome to Israel) (the original story)

I will say, I love the comments :)

The funny thing too is that you can see in the comments other stories for people this has happened to as well! I'm not surprised necessarily, because I always do hear about problems that people have going through the borders into Israeli, but SHOOTING a laptop?!!! Come on! That's a bit much. Particularly since they KNEW who the laptop belonged too... we only blow up luggage in the U.S. if it's unclaimed... ;)

So, I'm not writing seriously about this, but I find it hard to because it's such a big example of how messed up things are... True, many things in many countries around the world are messed up, but there is a very limited amount of places where you find people who are obviously not a 'high risk' person treated as if they are. I will try to write another article later about some of the most obvious issues to Israel's security (caused by them), or I encourage people to read Haartez as I find they have good editorials and articles, while obviously showing their interest to create and maintain a solid Israeli state.

Other (more depressing) articles about Israeli border security:


No comments:

Post a Comment