Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Getting ready for baby

So, I have pretty much stopped all blogging because I'M TOO BUSY!!! ;) Just kidding - I waste so much time...

Seriously though, I am trying to get my ENTIRE life in order before baby comes sometime in February (inshallah). I am due Feb 16, but we'll see how that goes. It's kinda' funny that there is not real set timeline for giving birth... It will happen when it happens and hopefully it doesn't happen BEFORE I have things set up!

Here are my lists of things to do at work before I give birth (I pretty much have to work until the end; I get 6 weeks of short term disability (8 week for c-section), after using 15 days of sick leave/vacation... so I'm pretty much working until the end so that I don't run out of sick days BEFORE the disability starts there therefore don't get paid. I get around 65% of my salary while on short-term disability. - although I heard that the President may change that to 100% which would be AWESOME!!!!)

Before December 23

· Clean office
Make list of where things are
Make list of event to-dos
New folders/checklists for Summer/Fall 2010

·L List of Spring ’10 students and notes
Copies of Emails to send out during semester for

o Currently abroad

o Going abroad

o Applicants

· Local Contact list
Spring ’10 calendar (in office)
Request meetings for Grad intern with Admissions, ISS
Get Student Worker Spring ’10 schedule
Update student records with Permission to release info, flight info

Before January 15

· Study Abroad Fair/Welcome Back

o Food for reception

o Big signs (by students) announcing fair to go in Lee Center & Cafeteria

· Sign up student workers for cafeteria info table through semester
Reserve Room for info sessions in different locations/times
Donut/Coffee Table
Residence Hall something
Big signs at deadlines?
Word of mouth campaign? (have to talk with certain people for clues…?)
Sign off SECUSS-L and DOS emails
Train Freshmen student worker in Word/Publisher
Assign Student Workers projects

o International Week

o Marketing (Banner ads, posters)

o Orientations, Students Abroad liaison, Alumni

o New boards – update with current news & Facebook, etc

o Admin follow-up, scholarship, meetings between alumni and applicants

I am lucky that we were able to get a graduate intern who can work up to 20 hours a week for the office while I am out because otherwise it's just my boss and the 5 student workers :) She also has experience abroad and in a study abroad office which will be very helpful.

So, I just need to make sure that they know everything I know... in particular Dates of things (deadlines, applications, etc), partner program requirements, orientations, handouts, visa stuff (THAT'S a fun one! hehehe)... emails/normal communications, registration notices, housing notices... It's hard to think of what I do because so many things are these small things that are important, but kinda' part of everything!

Wish me luck!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment